Welcome to BLOG Zentangle. To learn about Zentangle, visit our website, read our free newsletters, take a class with a local Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), and best of all . . . create your own!


Friday, August 19, 2011

Challenge No. 35

Maria writes:

So nice to have these challenges . . . a reason to try something you hadn't thought of or do something you haven't done in a long while. I wanted to keep this one simple, but my middle-of-the-night sleeplessness wouldn't let me. My first three appeared too complex, too contrived, too "drawn."

Then I did this one . . . a mix of new and old tangles.


And it really is true what many of our emails say . . . I slept great after creating that Zentangle tile in the middle of the night!


Click image for larger view.

5 comments:

Judi said...

It turned out great and I like the 3D effect a lot.

Margaret Bremner, Artist said...

Delightful!
--Margaret

creative side said...

Love the tile. What is it about our age group that can't sleep int he middle of the night???

Lois Heinani Stokes said...

Sometimes when I wake at 3 AM and don't want to get out of bed just yet... I pull the covers over my head and tangle in my head. Paradox is perfect for this tossing and turning middle of the night pattern.

Joni said...

I like the way some of the lines flow from the inner tile to the outer tile. It's nice that zentangle has a calming effect even in the middle of the night!