Welcome to BLOG Zentangle. To learn about Zentangle, visit our website, read our free newsletters, take a class with a local Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), and best of all . . . create your own!


Tuesday, July 24, 2012

mi^2 (x 80!)

Laura Harms' challenge #80 is "Mi2! Mi2!". Mi2 is a great tangle developed by Mimi Lempart, CZT.

Here is Maria's contribution . . .


. . . and her comments.
I love when something unexpected happens in life. I assume that is why mi2 "sparkles" so much as a tangle for me. With very little effort, the lines and shapes create an impossible Escher-like situation. There's no way that one layer—whether metal, glass or paper—can recreate what these series of simple strokes eloquently evoke.  (But what a fun sculpting or 3D printing exploration this could be!)

Life is a Zentangle! I love and embrace it as it is.

Click image for larger view.
Click this link for some tips on drawing mi2.

15 comments:

Cris@TangledUpInArt said...

Stunning, as usual.

Poppie_60 said...

delicately beautiful

Anonymous said...

beautiful as always

Zentangle said...

thanks. such fun. Maria

Jennifer C. said...

There is an air of elegance to all the ZIAs you create. This is simply beautiful.

Anonymous said...

WOW, what a lovely zia you made!

Annemarie Huijts

ledenzer said...

Beautiful and full of the flowing perfection you always bring to zentangling!

Carole Ohl said...

one of my favorites! Lively and lovely as always

Gloria j Zucaro said...

The elongated "seed grid" makes a totally different Mi2

Unknown said...

So cool--love your version and a beautiful tile!

Mimi Lempart said...

One word--effervescent--describes this tile. Love the inner bubbles!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful!

MarchAnn said...

Very nice, like how you did this one.

Unknown said...

I really dig the dainty sprouts.

rebroses said...

When I first saw the name Mi2 and this pattern I thought of mission impossible, which is actually quite funny but at the same time ties in with the theme of anything is possible one stroke at a time. I just recently discovered zentangle. I'm impressed by everything I've seen so far. Thank you for sharing this.